Life has been busy, I meant to make this post a while back and it kept getting pushed back. Analysis of the above linked thing:
- I'm told people were paying 4c for cruel Dominus. Considering that was the most lethal area in the game, not surprised. Qarl's post suggests that they will be looking at it. Like I said, it's overtuned, and I've been saying this for a long time.
- Yeah, people make 90 in a week. I don't have that kind of dedication, and hats off to those who do. Most of the big names in racing are notably absent, though...maybe a week is too long? Level 90 was the top 0.008%, two people made it, therefore one person is 0.004% of the total race population. And so 25 000 characters were made on the race, in total.
- Class breakdown 60+ points to the prevalence of spec throwers, I believe. Ditto 80+. The pattern does not hold for 60-. Likely a combination of other styles being less survivable/efficient/etc, and the players' choices behind the computers. I'd say it's almost a given that, of the population willing to put in the effort to make 60 or 80 in a week, a larger proportion of them are efficiency players and picked ST for exactly that reason.
- IR is popular because it smooths out the experience. Evasion is strong, but it has its moments; armour guarantees you'll get hit, if for smaller amounts, and consistency is pretty important when you don't get a second chance.
- It being a one week race, and CI gear being generally more expensive and harder to get relative to life gear, no surprise on the lack of CI characters. Why is it suggested that IR needs to be looked at, but CI doesn't?